How To Make Your Instagram Feed Look More On Brand


Almost every business is on instagram nowadays and it can be really hard to get noticed so here’s a few ways you can make your instagram page stand out & on brand TODAY!


1) ADD YOUR BUSINESS TITLE IN YOUR NAME
Adding your business title to your instagram name can help people instantly connect your profile to a specific set of services or products! I am not talking about the @username, I am referring to the actual name people see once they click on your profile.

2) USE CONSISTENT COLORS & FONTS
Keep a consistent colored feed using your defined brand colors. Don’t mix & match all sorts of colors but rotate through a set collection of specific colors that match your brand. You should also only be using your brand fonts on your posts with typography!

3) BRANDED HIGHLIGHT COVERS
Stop buying the same highlight covers from Etsy that everyone else has, hire a designer to create a set of custom highlight cover icons for you and you ONLY!

4) USE HIGH QUALITY BRAND PHOTOS
This should be a given but many people are still using super common royalty free stock photo sites for instagram pictures and it’s REALLY noticeable. If you want to stand out & be on brand, you need your own high resolution brand photos!

5) STAY IN YOUR NICHE
If you’re in the pet industry, keep posting pet related things! If you’re into photography, keep posting photography! Staying within your niche will help grow your following & better communicate what your page is all about.

6) CORE FILTERS
Using the same light room presets, VSCO filter, or editing settings every time you post a photo will also help your feed maintain a consistent brand color palette.

7) UTILIZE BRANDED TEMPLATES
You can create your own reusable branded social media templates on free resources like Over or Canva and even hire a designer to create some totally custom ones for your brand. Reusable templates will help you not only create posts faster & stay consistent but create a unique experience for your instagram story viewers as well.

8) STAND OUT BIO
Create a bio that truly stands out & matches your brand using a variety of shapes, emojis, and unique fonts. You can choose from a range of instagram bio fonts on places like Lingo Jam.


Creating an on brand instagram feed can take months and in my case years! I’ve spent nearly three years learning how to curate a perfectly on brand, aesthetic feed that’s not only valuable to my audience but informative and show cases my work.

If you’re feeling stuck or frustrated it’s sometimes helpful to plan out your feed using resources like Planoly or Preview.

My best advice is to stay consistent and utilize the 80/20 rule as you’re learning how to curate an on brand feed. The 80/20 rule is simply a ratio that states 80% of your posts should be non-promotional while the other 20% should be. Good luck!


Kenzi of Kenzi Green Design In Design Studio

November 24, 2020

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.